Roe v. Wade… does it really protect women from barbaric abortions in backyard clinics?

Posted: January 26, 2011 in Miscellaneous, Victims of Bad Science or Bad politics
Tags: , , ,

On January 22, 1973, a political shot was fired across the bow of the moral fiber of the United States of America, from which this once great country has never recovered. In fact the moral fiber of the United States, has become a decayed and diseased, maggot filled corpse, in comparison to what the founding father’s envisioned when they met at the Continental Congress on July 2nd, and met to sign the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July 1776.


The above date in 1973, was the day the decision of the US Supreme Court was given in the trial of one Jane Roe (alias for Norma McCorvey). The now famous, some would say infamous, Roe v. Wade trial in favor of McCorvey being able to sue the State of Texas for trying to prevent, her from having a second trimester abortion(by its State Laws).


“The State retains a definite interest in protecting the woman’s own health and safety when an abortion is proposed at a late stage of pregnancy. Only when the life of the pregnant mother herself is at stake, balanced against the life she carries within her, should the interest of the embryo or fetus not prevail…and…the State has still another important and legitimate interest in protecting its interest in the potentiality of human life…the ‘compelling’ point is at viability. This is so because the fetus then presumably has the capability of meaningful life outside the mother’s womb. State regulation protective of fetal life after viability thus has both logical and biological justifications.”

This quote is an excerpt of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackman’s words in his consent in the Roe V Wade trial.


The whole idea behind Roe v. Wade was supposedly to allow a woman who would be suffering from carrying the baby to full term. It was to allow a woman to have an abortion up till the 3rd trimester, supposedly because a baby would not live outside the womb until then, (Even though it has been proven that children can survive outside the womb long before the third trimester for many years). There have also been tremendous advances in 3d and now even 4d ultrasounds that show and prove it is a human. Nowhere in the transcripts of the Roe v. Wade trial does it state that the U.S. Supreme Court received testimony or evidence or pronounced verdict on the state of a “fetus” not being a viable human life until passing through the birth canal. This has been pushed from the perspective of those supporting the Abortion industry. Why is it called an industry? There are literally Billions made in the Abortion industry every year. There are hundreds of millions given to the industry by the Federal Government in the form of tax funding from American citizens whether they agree with it or not. Making people like Gosnell millions of dollars from the death of innocent children. After all it’s not a cumquat, tomato, orange, or grapefruit, it’s a child.


This is not a commentary on abortion itself, which has been debated and fought over (literally and with words) for decades. This is a commentary on one of the major principles and rally cries of those on the left, whose rally cry around Roe v Wade, has been that it benefited women’s safety and health from the barbaric practices, conditions, and back door clinics of the past. As if this Supreme Court ruling was an Aesculapius[1] in and of itself. The jury has been out on this for thirty eight years.

As the following facts are disclosed you will surely feel that you have awakened as a character in a surreal living nightmare in a Nazi concentration camp or a Soviet Gulag.[2]

You will see little to none of this information in the common US press or televised news. However there have been a few papers and journalists brave enough to fight the establishment, and report the truth.

From the findings of the Grand Jury in the case against a doctor by the name of Kermit B. Gosnell M.D., who unbelievably at one point in his life took the Hippocratic Oath to preserve life.


There is a long laundry list of the foul things that this supposed provider of medicine is guilty of. This doctor in modern day America is guilty of acts, that even the most despicable dispenser of torture in the dark ages, or of Nazi Germany probably couldn’t bring themselves to do.

The Women’s Medical Society in West Philadelphia, at 38th and Lancaster, was home to some of the most evil, despicable acts perpetrated on mankind. It has become known to people in Philadelphia as, “The House of Horrors”.


Before going further, please make sure that children aren’t around while you read this commentary. There will be a discussion of the things that occurred over a thirty year period at this clinic. Also, if you don’t have a strong stomach you probably want to stop at the basic list that follows.

  • Children were born and then killed by putting scissors in the back of their neck and snipping their spinal cord.
  • One woman, 41-year-old Carnamaya Mongar, died in 2009 after receiving an overdose of anesthesia.
  • Photos from inside the clinic show unsanitary, squalid conditions with jars and bags of aborted fetuses.
  • Fetal remains were found in a refrigerator that the employees used to store their lunches.
  • The abortionist, Kermit B. Gosnell, has been named in 46 lawsuits, but his clinic had not been inspected by state officials since 1993.
  • None of the employees had any medical training. A high school student was employed as an anesthesiologist.
  • The doctor used unsterilized instruments, infecting patients with venereal disease and often punctured uteruses and intestines.
  • The “really big” and illegal abortions were scheduled on Sunday, and paperwork on them was taken out of the “clinic” to be hidden or destroyed in Gosnell’s home.
  • “There was blood on the floor. A stench of urine filled the air. A flea-infested cat was wandering through the facility, and there were cat feces on the stairs.”
  • “Semiconscious women scheduled for abortions were moaning in the waiting or the recovery room, where they sat on dirty recliners with blood-stained blankets.”
  • Fetal remains were stored in orange juice cartons and cat-food containers.
  • Rows of jars contained the severed feet of fetuses.
  • A filing cabinet in Gosnell’s home, in his 12-year-old daughter’s closet, contained $240,000 in cash and a gun.
  • Gosnell performed a “Mother’s Day Massacre” on patients bused to his clinic in 1972, using an experimental device called a “super coil” consisting of plastic razors to perform abortions.
  • One witness testified that sometimes patients “miscarried or whatever it was” into the toilet and clogged it. The remains had to be fished out of the pipes.


As vile as this list of horrors appears on first look, it doesn’t even come close to describing the atrocities at this location.

As noted above, Gosnell had been sued almost fifty times by 2010, but his clinic had not been investigated by the state since 1993. There was even the aforementioned death in 2009, and still until late in 2010 when two more women were murdered in this house of horrors, there was nothing done by the City, County, or state governments. In the state of Pennsylvania, nail salons are monitored on a regular basis for client safety but this clinic hadn’t been investigated for 17 years by the State. The most recent director of the governmental agency that regulates the abortion industry is a medical doctor that until being put in this governmental oversight post was a doctor in an abortion clinic.

 ( The first two paragraphs read like an epic Steven King novel:

““The Women’s Medical Society” That was an impressive sounding name of the clinic operated in West Philadelphia, at 38th and Lancaster, By Kermit B. Gosnell, M.D.. Gosnell seemed impressive as well. The child of the neighborhood, Gosnell spent almost four decades running this clinic, giving back – so it appeared – to the community in which he continued to live and work.

But the truth was something very different, and evident to anyone who stepped inside. The clinic reeked of animal urine, courtesy of the cats that were allowed to roam (and defecate) freely. Furniture and blankets were stained by blood. Instruments were not properly sterilized. Disposable medical supplies were not disposed of; they were reused, over and over again. Medical equipment – such as the defibrillator, the EKG, the pulse oximeter, the blood pressure cuff – were generally broken; even when they worked, they weren’t used. The emergency exit was padlocked shut. And scattered throughout cabinets, in the basement, in a freezer, in jars and bags, in plastic jugs, were fetal remains. It was a baby charnel house.”


Gosnell surrounded himself with people that he trained but had no official training or certifications. There were two people that the staff called Doctor, which had some medical training but never certified or licensed as actual medical doctors. His anesthesiologist was an untrained 15 year old, who was the daughter of one of the staff. Gosnell had two parts to his practice; one was an illegal prescription mill, and the other an abortion mill. A constant stream during the day, where untrained staff would hand out previously signed and filled out prescription scrip for Oxycontin, and other controlled substances, to people never seen by the doctor. Gosnell typically didn’t even show up to his clinic until 8pm to begin his assembly line abortions.


It was this drug mill that originally led law enforcement to the doctor, until the death of two patients was discovered and they began to further investigate the clinic and the doctor.


Gosnell started his practice with his wife assisting him, typically doing first and second trimester abortions. Soon his clinic had such a bad reputation, that even the local Planned Parenthood and other abortion referral offices stopped sending women to his clinic. He began specializing in third trimester to live birth abortions when his legitimate abortion business started drying up.


His assistants would begin the process. According to Pennsylvania state law, an abortion clinic is supposed to give counseling, provided by a physician, 24 hours in advance of the abortion, at Gosnell’s clinic, his untrained, unlicensed staff would consult the women and then without ever talking to the women, Gosnell or his staff physicians, would perform the abortion, in some cases within minutes of the counseling.


Sedated, young teenage girls and adult women would sit naked from the waist down, in lounge chairs that were covered by blood stained towels, sometimes for six hours or more sedated and in great pain; the staff wouldn’t even take the time to cover them, either before or after the surgery. The staff were supposed to monitor them and give them sedation and further medicine for opening the cervix but since they weren’t trained they never gave proper dosage, even when they did take the time to check in on the women.


The first stage of the process for the women having abortions was to give them an ultrasound. In the case of late term pregnancies they would then affect the ultrasound system to make the child look smaller than it was, and then no matter how large the baby was it would be recorded as 24.5 weeks which was just past the Pennsylvania statute, but never looked into by the governmental agency which is supposed to regulate these clinics. None of the ultrasounds were done by trained Sonographers. The older and larger the child was inside the mother, the more Gosnell charged for the service.

Babies that are in the third trimester are harder to abort so rather than waste his time he would force labor and then kill the baby after leaving the birth canal. He didn’t even have his assistants hold the baby into the birth canal as do other doctors who practice partial birth abortion, he would just let the baby come out and then take scissors and thrust them into the back of the neck, severing their spinal column and allowing them to expire. If the baby was post birth canal (aka born) Gosnell had a simple solution that he didn’t call murder, he called it “ensuring fetal demise”. Gosnell apparently had a pet term for that procedure of taking the scissors to the baby’s neck; he called the procedure snipping. 

Most of his acts of snipping aren’t prosecutable because through the years the Dr. destroyed the files of patients, even though it’s a regulation in any state and under HIPPA that any patient’s files are to be kept on site. (When Gosnell was arrested finally, many patient files were found at his home.

If Gosnell wasn’t available to do the snipping, many times one of his fake doctors or even his staff members would provide the snipping procedure.

There are recent records that were found regarding this snipping procedure that he is being prosecuted for however. One snipping incident was performed on a live birth from a 17 year old mother who was almost 30 weeks pregnant (almost seven and a half months), when labor was induced. An employee estimated his birth weight approaching six pounds (babies have been born weighing less than one pound and survived), after severing the spine of the baby, as he was stuffing the child into a plastic shoebox for “disposal”, he joked to one of the staff members that the baby was big enough to “walk me to the bus stop.” Another baby boy found frozen in a one gallon spring water bottle was at least 28 weeks before being killed. A third baby boy was moving and breathing for 20 minutes outside the womb before the assistant came into the room and snipped the spinal cord, just the way she’d seen it performed so many times by Gosnell.

There were some eight and nine month babies that Gosnell would abort only on Sundays when the clinic was closed and only his trusted staff would be there.


There were brutal, sadistic acts perpetrated on the patients as well. One woman, for example, was left lying in place for hours after Gosnell tore her cervix and colon while trying, unsuccessfully, to extract the fetus. Relatives who came to pick her up were refused entry into the building; they had to threaten to call the police.

They eventually found her inside, bleeding and incoherent, and transported her to the hospital, where doctors had to remove almost half a foot of her intestines.

On another occasion, Gosnell simply sent a patient home, after keeping her

Mother waiting for hours, without telling either of them that she still had fetal parts inside her. Gosnell insisted she was fine, even after signs of serious infection set in over the next several days. By the time her mother got her to the emergency room, she was unconscious and near death.

A nineteen-year-old girl was held for several hours after Gosnell punctured her uterus. As a result of the delay, she fell into shock from blood loss, and had to undergo a hysterectomy.

One patient went into convulsions during an abortion, fell off the procedure table, and hit her head on the floor. Gosnell wouldn’t call an ambulance, and wouldn’t let the woman’s companion leave the building so that he could call an ambulance.


The first and second trimester abortions were performed typically in a day from the point of the consultation. The third trimester to full birth abortions took place over two and sometimes three days.

As described earlier, the women many times were put on the lounge chairs for six to eight hours and over the course of one to three days would be given medicine for pain and then a rod called a laminaria, made from either synthetic materials or seaweed would be place inside the woman into her cervix and then as the rods absorbed moisture they would expand, slowly opening the cervix. Many cases would have the untrained staff stretch the vagina with a speculum and insert the laminaria without the doctor even being present. The patient would then be sent home with pain meds and Cytotec which softens the cervix for forced abortion.


As described earlier the women and young teenage girls would sit half naked on blood stained towels covering lounge chairs. They would be in massive pain, (the doctor didn’t want passers-by hearing the women crying out in pain, so he demanded they be sedated while waiting for him to come in the early evening to begin the procedures) they would be given more Cytotec  and they would lie in misery and in massive pain.


When the doctor or his staff performed abortions they would re-use utensils. Many of his patients went to hospitals shortly after surgery complaining of illness to find out that they had been given venereal disease, because of re-using medical equipment. In fact it was found out that the same tubes used in the vaginal and uterine passages were used on several women that needed oxygen after the procedure.


It was only after a DEA team raided the clinic upstairs where the illegal drug prescriptions were given out that the Justice system got involved as a DEA investigator interviewed one of the staff members; she mentioned the death of a patient, Mrs. Karnamaya Mongar. She had been given an extremely high level of Demerol, which most competent medical doctors stopped using for Anesthesia years ago.

Apparently Mrs. Mongar had been left unconscious for a long time after the procedure, without monitoring, until someone noticed she looked like she wasn’t coming around, and checking on her found her not breathing. They tried using a defibrillating device on her and it didn’t work because it hadn’t been used or checked by a medical equipment technician. Only after more time expired did they call 911, and then when the paramedics arrived at the scene the emergency door was padlocked and they had to cut through the padlock taking precious time to get her out. The state medical board dropped the investigation and after being questioned about it, the lead counsel for the state said “People die”. Oddly enough when the final raid occurred at the clinic they found the remains of Mrs. Mongars baby frozen in the freezer. In fact, as vile and disgusting, and impossible as it is to imagine,during the raid official discovered several dozen remains in the freezer and refrigerator that the staff used as their lunch refrigerator.


The health board had been out several times and nothing had ever been done about the deplorable conditions. In fact nothing had ever been done until the DEA went to investigate the illegal prescription business that was going on there. When the experienced agents entered the lower level of the premise they were gagged by the smells of animal urine, which obviously came from the flea invested cat that was allowed to roam around the operating and staging areas. The State Medical Board only suspended Gosnell’s medical license to practice medicine after the State Attorney General presented the case to the Grand Jury.


The Grand Jury made another statement about the case and the governmental agencies controlling this industry in the State of Pennsylvania, “The Philadelphia District Attorney submitted this case, pertaining to criminal

wrong doing at Gosnell’s clinic, to the Grand Jury on May 4, 2010. We, the jurors, have reviewed thousands of pieces of evidence and heard testimony from 58 witnesses. The squalid spectacle that greeted investigators when they raided the clinic last February was awful, to say the least. Yet even their descriptions of the scene could not prepare the Grand Jurors for the shocking things we have since learned about Gosnell, his medical practice, and the way abortion clinics are regulated in Pennsylvania.”

Gosnell took in as much as $10,000 to $15,000 a night, mostly in cash payments for only a few hours of work performing abortions. That is only a small portion in comparison to his income as one of the top Oxycontin prescribers in the state.

There were two portions of his clinic, a family clinic upstairs which had devolved into a pain management practice, and then the lower half of the building was the abortion clinic. The clinic was created by the bringing together of two buildings. The stairways and landings were a confusing labyrinth, ending at the lower floor where the abortions were performed.


Latosha Lewis, one of Gosnell’s longest term employees, gives several gruesome counts to the Grand Jury.

Often before Gosnell would arrive for the day, the women or girls waiting for the abortion procedure would accidentally drop. Dropping meant while they were laying there in pain, being given medicine to induce labor and force the cervix to open farther, would have their babies in the lounge chairs. The babies would sit for hours after birth because the staff members refused to deal with the after birth, until Gosnell would arrive and deal with the after birth on the lounge chairs.


 He would still charge the women the full price even if he did not do a full abortion and just dealt with the after birth. After removing the placenta from the mother, he would then perform his snip.

Lewis testified that many times, the women or girls would begin screaming and begin the birth process, if they could catch them in time they would force them to get up and take them to a toilet and force them to sit there for hours, they would try to comfort the patient in an effort to keep them calm. Many times the women or girls would give birth and the baby would drop into the toilet water, where they would wait for Gosnell to come remove the placenta and after birth. The women were then led away back to the chairs until they stopped passing out and were cleared to leave the clinic.

Gosnell called these occurrences where the baby came out early precipitations. He told his staff frequently that he enjoyed it when the women or girls precipitated because it made his job easier. All he would have to do was a slight suction to remove the placenta, and avoid the chance of perforating a women’s uterus during surgery.

If the baby didn’t “precipitate” quickly enough he would have two of his staff push them out of the mother by pressing on the mother’s abdomen, which according to medical experts would be excruciatingly painful.

According to a medical expert for the prosecution, the pain suffered by women during a labor induction method during late pregnancies would be horrifically painful and fraught with possible hemorrhaging and debilitating pain. According to the medical expert labor should only be induced in a hospital with full staff of trained and licensed nurses and physicians. However, Gosnell performed his nightmarish procedures in his house of horrors routinely.


Despite earning millions from his illegal practices, Gosnell cut corners wherever he could, especially staffing. He violated several Pennsylvania state laws by hiring unqualified, unlicensed, untrained, and uncertified staff to save money. Tina Baldwin testified that certification did not matter to Gosnell. Several workers testified that Gosnell would force them to use plastic curettes, the tool used to remove tissue from the uterus, even though it was made for single use. Lewis testified that Gosnell would make his staff use the plastic tools until they broke. Many times they were re-used without cleaning.

Several staff workers testified that bags of remains would be left out of the freezer overnight and when they walked into the clinic the next day the stench would be overpowering. There would be times when Gosnell didn’t pay the hazardous medical equipment removal companies and the basement and the operating level would overflow with hazardous waste, including body parts and blood for weeks.

He told his workers that there was a grandfather clause, if he trained you, you could automatically be whatever it was he taught you to be. You were certified by him teaching you how to do whatever you did. For the majority of the time Lewis worked for Gosnell, she was paid $10 an hour plus time and a half for overtime and a $20 bonus for every second trimester or later abortion. (she was later promoted to $12 an hour and only worked 40 hours and then paid $40 for her bonus.

James Johnson who cleaned the clinic and bagged its infectious waste, confirmed Lewis’ account of the babies in the toilet, he said that many times patients would miscarry “or whatever it is” in the toilet and then it would clg the toilet. He would have to lift the bowl while someone would remove the body because he couldn’t bring himself to do that part.

Sherry West was hired by Gosnell in October of 2008. She had known Gosnell as a patient for 35 years. She had Hepatitis C, there were no precautions for the patients against exposure and yet she performed procedures, ultrasounds, and gave patients drugs both orally and intravenously.


Randy Hutchins was the only person to ever work at the clinic besides Gosnell who had any medical licensing. He left after a year of working at the clinic because he stole large sums of money from Gosnell. He admitted to having a major cocaine addiction while working at the clinic. Even though he was a licensed medical practitioner he was operating illegally as Gosnell never cleared him through the State Medical Board.

Gosnell himself was technically not even qualified to act as an abortion Physician as under Pennsylvanian law, a clinic is supposed to have on staff or as a consultant at least one licensed Obstetrician or Gynecologist.

The only attempt by Gosnell to be a licensed Ob/Gyn was over 40 years ago when he failed to complete a residency in obstetrics and gynecology.


As if his heinous medical practices were not bad enough, he routinely made crude jokes about his clients and would slap at them and scream at them and wouldn’t even talk to them personally unless they were Caucasian or had enough cash to pay for the procedure up front.


The Grand Jury stated that it was shocked that the Pennsylvania Department of Health approved this building as an abortion clinic, then visited for inspections between 1978 and 1993 sporadically, then never inspected again until February 2010, entered the facility at the request of law enforcement officials after the investigation began for illegal prescription activity. Even when some county officials came to the premise for blood samples they never reported the deplorable conditions.

According to Grand Jury testimony, when they entered the building ten days after it had been “cleaned up”, it still had a foul stench. There was urine on the walls around where the women and girls sat before and after their procedures. Several operating tables still had blood caked on the stirrups. (This was months after the clinic was closed and ten days after the clinic had been cleaned by staff knowing the Grand Jury was going to visit).

Fortunately the Grand Jury found Gosnell and several senior long term members of his staff guilty of numerous counts of murder in the first degree and several violations of the Abortion Control Act, including infanticide, and several people with Gosnell and his wife with acts of conspiracy to commit murder in relation to hundreds of unidentifiable instances in which they planned to carry out, and no doubt did, carry out similar killings. Several people were also convicted for lying to police and hindering prosecution and perjury.

One of the final pieces of observation during the raid, was numerous bottles and jars across a shelves on one wall, filled with the feet of aborted babies.


The members of the grand jury stated the following after it’s finding of facts on the case:” We recognize that these relatively technical recommendations will be unsatisfying to those fighting the abortion battle. “Pro-choice” advocates will argue that the real solution is government-funded abortion. “Pro-lifers” will see the case as an indictment of all legalized abortion.”


Regarding the pro-choice advocates thinking that stricter Federal Governmental oversight is necessary, the County and State governments in this case fell short in doing what was necessary despite strict and well written rules, what would make anyone foolishly believe a bloated, bureaucratic Federal government could do any better?


I believe the jury is in and it has laid waste to the belief that Roe v. Wade protects women from barbaric abortion clinics. If Pennsylvania, home to the city of brotherly love can allow these kinds of barbaric atrocities on women, young girls, and full term, fully birthed babies, can we really be so sure it isn’t happening all over the country? After hearing about Dr. Gosnell, the answer for any person with any modicum of critical thinking skills would have to be No.


[1] This is the name for the medical icon that is displayed on medical equipment or stationary. The snake on the staff that was held up before the people and they were healed. This comes more recently from Greek mythology, and also from the story of Moses in the wilderness.

[2] A Soviet Gulag is a concentration camp within the Soviet Union for enemies of the state. The worst Gulag’s were in Siberia.

  1. One greedy, dishonest doctor ran an unqualified “clinic” and hurt patients and committed crimes in order to make money illegally. What does that have to do with Roe v. Wade? That’s like writing endlessly about a case where a dumped boyfriend runs over his ex with a car, and saying it proves no one should have drivers licenses. It’s comparing apples to oranges. The awful doctor would have done it whether or not Roe v. Wade existed. A small percentage of doctors commit fraud, malpractice and medical negligence every day, but most (by a wide margin) do not. Those who do it believe they can get away with it. They don’t care what the laws are. Your position is impassioned, but it’s not supported by the facts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s